News & Press
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program that assists low-income households in heating or cooling their homes. The heating assistance application cycle begins November 1. If you are interested in applying, please contact your local Community Action Agency, listed to the below:
LIHEAP Contacts By County:
Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.
Jones & Twiggs Counties:
Middle Georgia Community Action Agency, Inc.
Baldwin, Jasper, Putnam &
Documents Needed To Apply:
• Most recent cooling bill or statement of service
• Most recent heating bill or statement of service
• Social Security cards for each member of the household
• Proof of Citizenship or legal residency for the applicant
• Proof of income for the last 30 days for each adult household member (i.e. paycheck stub or public assistance verification letter)
• Verification of Social Security or unemployment benefits for all applicable household members