News & Press
On December 31, 2019, longtime Director Chester Mercer resigned from the Tri-County EMC Board after 25 years of dedicated service to the cooperative. The Tri-County EMC Board, in accordance with the bylaws, will appoint a replacement to fill Chester Mercer’s District 1 vacant seat. The appointed director will serve until the next director election, which will occur on October 15, 2020.
Tri-County’s nominating committee will convene in June 2020 and will nominate a candidate(s) to complete the one-year remainder of Chester Mercer’s term. The elected candidate will begin service at the next Board meeting after October 15, 2020.
Any member whose primary residence is in Jones County or Bibb County (District 1) interested in being considered to fill the vacancy is encouraged to fill out an application by February 28, 2020 at www.tri-countyemc.com/board_interest_form.cms.
Interested members must meet the below qualifications to be eligible to serve on the board of directors. To learn more about the purpose and duties of the board of directors, visit www.tri-countyemc.com/board-of-directors.cms.
- Member candidates cannot be a “close relative” of an incumbent director or an employee of the cooperative. As used in these bylaws, “close relative” means a person who is either a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, nephew, or niece, by blood or in law, of the principal.
- Member candidates must have a permanent residence served by Tri-County EMC in Jones or Bibb County
- Member candidates must have been a member for at least 2 years prior to the date of the Board election on October 15, 2020.
- Member candidates must have the legal capacity to enter into contracts in the State of Georgia
- Former Tri-County EMC employees are not eligible to serve on the board until two (2) years have passed from the date of last employment.
- Member candidates cannot be employed by or have any financial interest in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy or supplies to the cooperative.
If you have any question, please contact Kim Broun at email@example.com or 478.986.8126.