News & Press
Tri-County EMC Foundation Board Grants $12,450 in March 2016
In March 2016, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 10 grant projects, totaling $12,450 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Jones County: $1,200 to purchase a bumper pool table and games for the youth at the Boys and Girls Club of Jones County.
- Chard Wray Memorial Food Pantry: $1,000 to purchase food for a food bank to go to people in need in Baldwin County.
- Eatonton First United Methodist Church: $2,500 to help provide food, clothes, school supplies and temporary housing for a Putnam County family that lost their home in a house fire.
- Gray United Methodist Church: $2,000 to purchase home repair materials for the River of Life program – a home repair youth mission project serving people in need in Jones and Wilkinson Counties.
- Jones County 4-H Shotgun Team: $200 to go towards tournament qualification and registration fees for team members.
- Jones County Public Library: $1,000 to purchase books and other materials for the library’s summer reading program for youth.
- Lake Oconee FCA: $1,750 to go towards the cost of sending students to a leadership training camp during the summer.
- Milledgeville First United Methodist Church: Funds to purchase materials to construct two wheelchair ramps for individuals in need in Baldwin County during the River of Life youth mission project.
- Steffen Thomas Museum of Art: $500 to allow students to participate in the museum’s fall art program.
- Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department: $300 to purchase updated videos and training manuals to conduct CPR training in Jones County.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions to Tri-County EMC members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar, with that surplus amount going to fund Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Broun at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA 31032. To learn more, visit https://www.tri-countyemc.com/operation-round-up.cms.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight county service area are eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded or completed online at tri-countyemc.com or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.