News & Press
In December 2014, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 6 grant projects, totaling $5,933.42 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
• Boy Scout Troop 132 - $250 to purchase tents and sleeping bags to be used during camping trips for the troop.
• Cub Scout Pack 583 - $500 to purchase camping supplies and meeting materials for the pack.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank - $2,000 to provide food to those in need in Putnam County.
• Gray United Methodist Church - $2,500 to provide basic assistance for a family with a child with Chron’s disease.
• Jones County 4-H - $255 to provide training for a certified teen leader to attend summer camp.
• Northridge Christian Church/Mustard Seed Ministry - $428.42 to purchase materials for volunteers to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual in Baldwin County who recently suffered a stroke.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is donated to Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., PO Box 487, Gray, GA, 31032. To learn more, visit www.tri-countyemc.com/roundup-overview.da.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight-county service area is eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from Tri-County EMC’s website or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.