News & Press
In September 2013, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 18 grant projects, totaling $14,203.80 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. 21 organizations applied with projects totaling more than $66,000. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
• Baldwin County Family Connection- $1000 to provide weekend food packages for students in Baldwin County.
• Changing Stations Ministry - $1754.85 to purchase materials to repair the roof of a home for an individual in Jones County.
• Crossroads Pregnancy Center- $2,000 to purchase car seats for new mothers in Baldwin County.
• Georgia College and State University - $1,500 to purchase materials for the Potato Drop in Baldwin County.
• JACOR Foundation - $4,482 to purchase materials for volunteers to repair the roofs of five homes for individuals in need in Jones County.
• Mustard Seed Ministry of Jones County - $3,466 to purchase materials for volunteers to repair three homes of individuals in need in Jones County.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is donated to Operation Roundup. Click here to enroll. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., PO Box 487, Gray, GA, 31032.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight-county service area is eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from Tri-County EMC’s website or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.
The Foundation Board encourages you to promote Operation Roundup in your community in an effort to keep funds flowing in to the Tri-County EMC Foundation so that deserving projects can continue to be funded. To encourage member participation, Tri-County EMC staff members are available to make Operation Roundup presentations to civic groups throughout the service area. To schedule a presentation, contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Operation Roundup, visit tri-countyemc.com/roundup-overview.da.