News & Press
In December 2012, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 14 applications, totaling $21,788 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
· Baldwin County Family Connection - $1500 to purchase weekend food packages for 80 students in need in Baldwin County .
· The Changing Stations Ministry - $4,850 to purchase needed materials for 4 displaced families/individuals home repair in Jones County.
· Cub Scout Pack 34 - $1,500 to purchase a pinewood derby track for a cub scout pack in Putnam County.
· Fostering Jones County Kids - $1,200 to purchase Christmas gifts and other necessary items for 15 children in Jones County.
· Georgia Lion’s Lighthouse Foundation - $2,500 to fund activities, eye clinics and hearing services in the Tri-County Service Area.
· Girl Scout Troop 60637 - $500 to be used for enhancements at the Jones County Scout Center.
· Habitat for Humanity Putnam County - $2500 to purchase supplies for a Habitat home in Putnam County.
· Jasper County Mentor Program- $975 to purchase books and puppet show supplies for a youth holiday event in Jasper County.
· Jones County 4-H SAFE Shotgun Team- $400 to offset costs of qualification and state competition registration fees for team members in Jones County.
· Mustard Seed Ministry - $355 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who can no longer walk due to back and leg problems in Baldwin County.
· Mustard Seed Ministry - $320 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who suffered multiple strokes in Baldwin County.
· Mustard Seed Ministry- $288 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who suffered a stroke in Baldwin County.
· Putnam Community Resources - $2,500 to purchase food for a food bank in Putnam County.
· Muscular Dystrophy Association - $2,400 to fund 3 scholarships for children with MDA in the Tri-County Service area to attend MDA camp.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference donated to Operation Roundup. Any individuals wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to hte foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or mail a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation,Inc., PO Box 487, Gray GA 31032. To learn more, visit www.tri-countyemc.com.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight-county service area is eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from Tri-County EMC’s Web site or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.