Complete this brief form to sign up for ourSolar.
With ourSolar, Tri-County EMC members have the opportunity to get solar generation for your home or business without any of the risks of installing solar panels on your roof or property. The energy for ourSolar will come from our new 1 MW solar array in Putnam County, which will begin generating electricity in May 2016.
For $25 per month for each 1.22kW block, you will have all of the energy generated by your block credited against the normal usage on that month’s electric bill. Each block should generate approximately 160 to 250 kWh per month. Best of all, there is nothing to install or finance and no contract. You can end your participation at any time, although to rejoin you must wait twelve months.
Cooperative Solar Advantages
- No installation or maintenance costs for you
- No holes in your roof
- Lower costs per kWh through economies of scale
- No issues with shading or roof direction
- Renters or homeowners with restrictive covenants can participate
- No up-front costs, financing, or long-term contracts
- Limited to 4 blocks per account
When completed this spring, our 1 MW solar site will be the largest and the first of its kind in our area. The 10 acre site will have over 4,200 solar panels and generate over 2 million kWhs per year. The facility will be located adjacent to our Eatonton District Office in Putnam County.