News & Press

Prevent Electrical Overloads 
Overloaded electrical circuits are a major cause of residential fires. Warning signs of overloaded circuits include flickering, brightening or dimming lights, warm or discolored wall plates, frequently tripped circuit breakers or a mild shock from appliances, receptacles or switches. To prevent this, never use extension cords or multi-outlet converters for appliances. All major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. And never plug more than one heat-producing appliance into the same wall plug at the same time.

Stay Away From Electrical Equipment
Stay away from underground transformers, substation fences and any other electrical equipment. If for some reason a pet, ball, toy or anything else of yours ends up inside a substation, do not attempt to climb the fence to retrieve it. Contact the owner of the substation using the information listed on the gate for assistance. (62994001)

Kids and Electricity
Keep children away from electrical outlets. Plastic outlet protectors are a great way to protect smaller children from outlets, but installing electrical outlets designed to remain closed until a plug is inserted is a safer bet. Keep loose cords out of children’s reach and out of the walking path. Cords within the child’s reach pose a choking hazard, while cords on the ground could cause a child to trip and fall.

« All News & Updates