News & Press
The purpose of the Nominating Committee is to nominate qualified director candidates residing in the district that has a director vacancy. In addition to nominating members themselves, they can also accept nominations from members outside the committee that would like to run for a director position. The 2020 Nominating Committee, elected at the 2019 Annual Meeting, include the members below. Those interested in running for a director seat should contact one of the members below or Tri-County EMC at 478.986.8100 by June 1, 2020. (77589001)
Jones & Bibb
Putnam, Jasper & Morgan
Baldwin, Wilkinson & Twiggs
HOW TO SERVE ON THE BOARD
Ever wonder how the Board of Directors election process works for your co-op? Here’s an overview of director qualifications and steps taken to be on the ballot.
Qualifications to Serve on the Tri-County EMC Board of Directors:
(Reference: Bylaws Section 4.02 Qualifications)
- Member cannot be a “close relative” of an incumbent director or an employee of the cooperative. As used in these bylaws, “close relative” means a person who is either a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, nephew, or niece, by blood or in law, of the principal.
- Member must have a permanent residence served by Tri-County EMC
- Candidate must be a member for at least 2 years prior to the election
- Member must have the legal capacity to enter into contracts in the State of Georgia
- Former Tri-County EMC employees must wait two years before being eligible to serve on the board
- Member cannot be employed by or have any financial interest in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy or supplies to the cooperative
How to Get on the Ballot:
(Reference: Bylaws Section 4.06 Nominations)
To meet the qualifications to have your name placed on the ballot you must satisfy one of the options below by:
- Being nominated by the Nominating Committee to be included on the ballot for the election. The Nominating Committee is chosen at the previous year’s annual meeting and will meet no less than 120 days prior to the annual meeting. A list of Nominating Committee members can be found above.
- Submitting a petition signed by 50 fellow members. No electronic signatures accepted. Petitions must be submitted to the Nominating Committee no less than 90 days prior to the Annual Meeting on October 15.
To learn more about the Board of Directors, visit https://www.tri-countyemc.com/board-of-directors.cms