News & Press
In December 2019, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved grants for 11 projects, totaling $15,906.50 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities.
- Baldwin County Early Learning Center: $1,500 to purchase booster seats and car seats for low-income families in at the Baldwin County Early Learning Center.
- Café Central: $3,000 to purchase non-perishable food items to deliver to poverty stricken clients in Baldwin County.
- Cub Scout Pack 119: $1,500 to be used for scouting dues for underprivileged youth, to purchase awards and for pack activities
- Georgia Parenting Project: $400 to be used to purchase a stand-up freezer to store donated meat to be dispersed to individuals in need in Putnam County
- Jones County Public Library: $2,000 to be used for the 2020 summer reading program.
- Lake Country Baptist Church: $500 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual in need.
- Northridge Ramp Ministry: $1,506.50 to be used to purchase materials to construct two wheelchair ramps for individuals in need in Baldwin County.
- Operation Appreciation: $2,500 to be used to cover the cost for Veterans from our service area to attend a retreat in North Georgia.
- Veterans Wall of Honor Park: $1,500 to be used to purchase benches and a flagpole for the Veterans Wall of Honor Park.
- Greater Faith Revelational Outreach Ministries: $1,500 to be used to purchase food and Christmas gifts for underprivileged families in Jones County.
Operation Roundup is funded by voluntary contributions from Tri-County members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar, with that surplus amount going to fund Operation Roundup. Any charitable or government institution, civic organization or other non-profit group located within Tri-County’s eight county service area are eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. Applications can be found on our website at tri-countyemc.com/operation-round-up.cms or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126. The next deadline is March 1, 2019.