News & Press
During the September meeting, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 12 grant projects, totaling $22,960 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
- Action Ministries: $2,000 to help transition homeless individuals in Baldwin and Putnam counties into safe, stable housing.
- Boys and Girls Club of Baldwin and Jones Counties: $5,000 in funds to incorporate STEAM lessons and Leadership Development programs into the clubs.
- Brave Meadows Therapeutic Riding Center: $1,000 to send riders to compete in the Special Olympics.
- Chard Wray Memorial Food Pantry: $1,000 to purchase food for a food pantry to serve those in need in Baldwin County.
- Eston Altman Scout Center: $3,974 to be used to replace a failed air conditioner in the building used by scouts and several community groups.
- Greater Faith Revelational Outreach Ministries: $1,000 to purchase food for individuals in need in Baldwin and Jones Counties.
- Hardwick Baptist Church: $1,000 to purchase food for a food pantry to serve those in need in Baldwin County.
- Jones County Arts: $2,400 to purchase microphones to be used in the community youth theater program.
- Lake Oconee FCA: $1,000 in funds to send students to Team United Training and provide resources for an evangelical outreach event.
- Marshall Memorial Baptist Church: $2,500 to purchase materials to replace the roof of the home of an individual in need in Putnam County.
- Northridge Christian Ramp Ministry: $486 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual with dementia in Baldwin County.
- Putnam Christian Outreach: $1,000 to purchase food for a food bank to serve individuals in need in Putnam County.
Interested in Applying for a Grant?:
Do you know of a non-profit group needing funding for a specific project in the Tri-County EMC service area? Encourage them to complete an Operation Roundup Grant Application. The next deadline to apply for an Operation Roundup Grant is December 1.
- Application must be for a special project or need. Donations will not be made to an organization’s general budget.
- Project must be located within a county that Tri-County EMC serves (Baldwin, Putnam, Jones, Bibb, Jasper, Morgan Twiggs or Wilkinson County)
- Organization must be a non-profit, civic, religious or government organization.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions to Tri-County EMC members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar, with that surplus amount going to fund Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Broun at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA 31032.