News & Press
In June 2016, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 9 grant projects, totaling $18,125 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
- Action Ministries: $3,000 to assist with the transitional housing costs of 3 homeless families in Jones, Putnam and Baldwin Counties.
- Cub Scout Pack 34: $500 to assist in the cost of annual dues for scouts in the pack that are in need in Putnam County.
- Gray United Methodist Church: $5,000 to purchase home repair materials for the River of Life program – a home repair youth mission project serving people in need in Jones and Wilkinson Counties.
- Meals on Wheels of Middle Georgia: $1,625 to purchase a year of hot meals for an individual in Jones County.
- Milledgeville First United Methodist Church: $2,500 to purchase materials to construct two wheelchair ramps for individuals in need in Baldwin County during the River of Life youth mission project.
- Putnam County Family Violence Task Force: $500 to provide young children in need in Putnam County with school supplies, clothing and toys.
- Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia: $1,000 to assist in medical expenses and wellness checkups for residents of the Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia.
- Ronald McDonald House: $2,500 to provide 167 nights of stay to families from the Tri-County EMC service area that have children in the hospital.
- The Cancer Foundation: $1,500 to provide emergency financial assistance to individuals with cancer in Putnam County.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions to Tri-County EMC members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar, with that surplus amount going to fund Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Broun at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA 31032.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight county service area are eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from www.tri-countyemc.com/operation-round-up.cms or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.