News & Press
In September 2015, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 5 grant projects, totaling $11,345 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
- American Legion Post 583: $1,000 to purchase a picnic table for the Veterans Wall of Honor expansion in Putnam County.
- Fragile Kids Foundation: $5,000 to purchase an electronic wheelchair lift for an individual in Putnam County with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- Meals on Wheels of Middle Georgia: $1,625 to provide meals for a senior citizen in Jones County.
- Northridge Cares Ramp Ministry: $220 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual with special needs in Baldwin County.
- Bradley Baptist Church: $3,500 to repair the roofs of homes of two individuals in need in Jones County.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions to Tri-County EMC members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar, with that surplus amount going to fund Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or firstname.lastname@example.org or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA 31032. To learn more, click here.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight county service area are eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from tri-countyemc.com or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.