News & Press
In June 2014, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 11 grant projects, totaling $21,200 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. 32 organizations applied with projects totaling more than $153,000. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
• Action Ministries - $1,500 to help house homeless families in transitional homes within the Tri-County service area.
• Chard Wray Memorial Food Pantry - $1,000 to purchase food for a food pantry in Baldwin County.
• The GCSU Foundation - $1,000 to go towards the Potato Drop – an annual event to provide food for those in need in Baldwin County.
• Gray United Methodist Church - $5,000 to purchase materials and supplies for a youth home repair project in Jones and Wilkinson Counties.
• Habitat for Humanity of Putnam County - $2,500 to purchase materials to construct a Habitat home in Putnam County.
• Jones County Senior Center - $1,000 to provide food for a seniors congregate meal program in Jones County.
• Plentitude Baptist Church - $2,500 to provide funds to prepare a home to accommodate an individual in Jones County who recently suffered a spinal cord injury.
• Putnam County 4-H- $3,200 to assist in the cost of sending low income students to 4-H camp.
• Ronald McDonald House of Central Georgia- $1,000 to provide nights of stay for families from the Tri-County service area.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Jones County - $5000 to sponsor youth to attend the after school and summer programs in Jones County.
• Crossroads Baptist Church - $2,000 to help cover medical expenses for an individual with colon cancer in Putnam County.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is donated to Operation Roundup. Any individual wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or make a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., PO Box 487, Gray, GA, 31032. To learn more, visit www.tri-countyemc.com/roundup-overview.da.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight-county service area is eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from Tri-County EMC’s website or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.