News & Press
In December 2011, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 9 applications, totaling $13,295 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
· Ferst Foundation for Childhood Literacy, Jones County – $2500 to provide children’s reading books for 81 children in Jones County.
· Habitat for Humanity – Putnam County – $2500 towards the purchase of construction materials for a Habitat for Humanity home in Putnam County.
· Jones County School System – $650 for a medical evaluation of a child with an undiagnosed disease in Jones County.
· Lake Oconee Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) – $1000 to provide partial scholarships for underprivileged students to attend a winter retreat.
· Mustard Seed Ministries – $2,000 to replace a roof on an elderly woman’s home in Baldwin County.
· Mustard Seed Ministries – $750 to purchase supplies for constructing a wheelchair ramp for a woman suffering from Asthma and COPD.
· Mustard Seed Ministry– $475 to replace a set of steps on an elderly woman’s home that was damaged by fire in Baldwin County.
· Mustard Seed Ministry – $920 towards a wheelchair ramp for a child suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
· Putnam County Resources, Inc. - $2500 to purchase food for a food bank.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is donated to Operation Roundup. Any individuals wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at 478.986.8126 or mail a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA 31032. To learn more, visit www.tri-countyemc.com.
Any non-profit, civic, religious or government organization located within Tri-County’s eight-county service area is eligible to receive funding. Applications must be for special needs or projects. No applications for contributions to an organization’s general funds will be accepted. Applications may be downloaded from Tri-County EMC’s Web site here or mailed upon request by calling 478.986.8126.